Facebook - Like My Blog !


Click & Follow me on Facebook! : BettaMas

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Red Dragon Halfmoon Breeders

I've chosen two males to continue my Red Dragon Halfmoon project. At first glance, I'm sure many of you would think that these bettas are not impressive. However, as you may already know, I've somewhat attained my objective of this generation as I was able to stabilize the white coloration of dragon scales, achieve decent dragon spread/separation and good masking. Male B was chosen due to his excellent masking (even covers the mouth area), great color separation (notice how the dragon scaling ends neatly at the edge of the body without spilling into the fins?), and the solid intense red on the fins which spreads well without leaving any area uncovered or without any banding. But of course, the finnage of Male B is still poor and this is the case for almost all the siblings of this generation. Male C on the other hand was chosen due to his good deportment (the best of the whole spawn, I may say), fantastic masking and relatively good finnage (I did not take care of the water very well for this whole batch which affected the quality of the fins, and I think this guy may have already had torn fins when I jarred him more than a month ago). So, here are the two pieces.

 
click pic to view higher resolution
click pic to view higher resolution

No comments:

Post a Comment