Facebook - Like My Blog !


Click & Follow me on Facebook! : BettaMas

Sunday 25 September 2011

Two Male HMs from my Gold project

Here are two Half-Moon (HM) males from my Gold project. Intending to use both of them for spawning.

The dusty gold piece has a metallic layer very similar to the father, but lacks the yellow intensity of its father. Finnage is still quite poor. However, my objective is to work on the gold intensity and spread, I am not very particular about finnage at this stage.

click pic to view higher resolution

The dark-bodied gold has pretty decent finnage balance, but is entering into the "rose zone". My first thought is to pair him up with a sibling with rounded caudal edge and reduced rays, in order to counter the rose effect. Wish me luck. I like the way the metallic gold layer covers body and part of the fins. However, I do admit that he is a little on the copper-ish side with some green hues. Hope to extend the metallic gold spread on the fins, though I must admit that this "mustard gas" kinda look is rather attractive.

 click pic to view higher resolution

No comments:

Post a Comment