Facebook - Like My Blog !


Click & Follow me on Facebook! : BettaMas

Tuesday 25 December 2012

6 Color Fancy

Allow me to introduce a new purchase from a Thai breeder. This is the 6 color fancy with the type of color combination I'm talking about in the previous post. Here we also see the dual tone yellow-orange fins with red "armageddon"/"dalmation" speckling on top. Having parents of this color is no guarantee that you will get offsprings of the similar color. My task is made more challenging as it was difficult to get my hands on good female breeders with similar color combination.

The male is a real stunner. Besides the pretty decent finnage, as you can see it has 6 colors : Blue (turquoise), white, yellow, orange, red, and black. Some may even say it has a 7th color, green, splashed on the dorsal and caudal.

Perhaps at the end of the day, I could start producing fancies with this coloration, with even better marbling on the body compared to this male. Wish me luck in this fancy project.

click pic to view higher resolution

2 comments: