Facebook - Like My Blog !


Click & Follow me on Facebook! : BettaMas

Friday 10 August 2012

DTHM Gold Female

This is a DTHM (Double Tail Halfmoon) female that I've produced in one of my Gold HM lines. Wasn't really expecting DTs in this spawn, as I did not expect the father to be a DT geno, like their mother. The finnage on this piece is not good for a HM, but I might just "borrow" her DT trait and decent colouration to continue the line.

click pic to view higher resolution

For the Gold HMs lines that I'm currently working on, I started off by using good Gold HM males and Gold plakat females. It was difficult enough to find good Gold HM males, but even harder to find Gold HM females. Surprisingly, I found out that the males that I managed to get my hands on are plakat carriers! That would explain why it is so rare to see an excellent Gold HM in terms of color intensity, metallic shine, body and finnage. But this challenge certainly makes my project even more mouth-watering. Previous spawns were still not up to expectations. It was either color or finnage that was the problem. Finally, in this batch I see a few promising females tho they are still far from being ideal females for breeding. Well, I'm in no hurry to achieve my aim of one day producing superb Gold HMs, but I'm happy that at least results show I'm in the right direction... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment