Facebook - Like My Blog !


Click & Follow me on Facebook! : BettaMas

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Green Metallic Grizzles

These grizzles were developed using dragon. Hence you don't see the typical soft grizzle pattern, but a "bolder", higher contrast grizzling. Of course this is possible with the strong opaque influence. Also, with the introduction of the metallic (+) gene, the grizzle tone is not your typical iridescence hue. Of course, some more traditional hobbyists may argue their lungs out about the usage of the term "grizzle", but to me it is the irid/metallic speckling either on the body or fins, regardless of the spread. My fishes may not make good grizzle for competition, but they have the grizzle trait nevertheless. Here are 3 pieces from my quite recent spawn.

click pic to view higher resolution

 click pic to view higher resolution

click pic to view higher resolution

No comments:

Post a Comment